[3830] SS SSB K8MR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K8MR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:19:16 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 10

------------
  160:    0
   80:   52
   40:  414
   20:   81
   15:   79
   10:   26
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I didn't start until Sunday morning, when the K index had made it up to 5.  So I
missed whatever good conditions there were on Saturday. For much of Sunday the
Pacific northwest was rather weak while CA was booming in, so it was no surprise
that I missed VE7 and NT.

Strange distributions of stations worked per section. Illinois was the big one
(59 qsos, no surprise), but only two from WPA?

Another proof of the "watched pot never boils" principle:  Sunday morning on 40M
the IC-746 kicked off a number of times while using the amplifier. I suspect it
was actually the Astron (linear) supply shutting down, so I finally got out a
DVM and clip leaded it across the p.s. terminals. It never failed for the rest
of the contest!