[3830] SS SSB N2NFG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobt@gloryroad.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N2NFG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:48:21 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N2NFG
Operator(s): N2NFG
Station: N2NFG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:    0
   80:  309
   40:   70
   20:   38
   15:  212
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Had fun, made some stupid mistakes, Murphy only visited once. Had horrible RF on
my audio on 40 meters with the headset, no amount of additional grounding or
ferite could cure it. So..only spent a short time on 40 using the hand mike.
Boy, that'll slow you right down! Stayed way past my welcome on 15 Sunday
evening trying for the last two I needed, NWT and BC. Never heard NWT, chased
VE7KET all over the band to no avail. 80 meters was a bottomless pit, producing
some great runs. Should have got there earlier on both nights and stayed later
into Sunday morning. 20 meters was a zoo my ICOM 751A just couldn't handle. It
wasn't worth going to 10 just to give a few Qs to some 6 landers. It was a
little ouch looking out the window and seeing a perfectly good 2 element Quad
and CL-33 yagi sitting on the ground. Had every intention of sidemounting the
CL-33 at 37 ft. in time for this contest, but the tower still has temp guys and
I didn't want to take the risk. Either me or one of the cats (it's easier to
blame the cats) knocked the alarm off the nightstand and I got a couple hours of
extra sleep Sunday morning. Gee. only five more Qs and I would have broken
100,000. Next year! (my mantra) Equipment used.....ICOM 751A, cheap RAT SHACK
headset, WRITELOG, 130 ft. 450 ohm fed dipole at 50 ft., 40-10 fan dipole at
55ft.                                    73, Bob N2NFG