[3830] SS SSB VE1OP Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB VE1OP Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:53:15 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VE1OP
Operator(s): VE1OP
Station: VE1OP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NS (MAR)
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:
   80:   29
   40:   81
   20:  486
   15:  405
   10:    2
------------

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

I normally don't do low power on SSB, but I set my sights on breaking the 9 year
old MAR "A" record, instead of doing my favourite "U" effort in SSB SS...A bit
tougher finding mults without Telnet, but I spent a lot of time spinning the
dial and managed to find some that I figured would not likely call me during
runs...Ran into KD6WW/VY0 on 20 metres at 21:36 Sunday for the sweep...I was
getting worried about NT again as I didn't hear any of the VY1 stations at
all...

What's with all the intentional QRM ? I had at least a dozen occasions where
"tuner-up'ers" would park on my frequency and attempt to blow up their
transmitters...By what I've read, I'm not the only one attacked with this
crap...

15 and 20 were the money bands for me...80 and 40 never really opened up, so I
only stayed there long enough to get some close-by mults...Had some nice runs on
15 and 20, some hours above the 120 mark...

Equipment: 1 Mark V at approx 130 watts, 1 tri-bander and some wires...N1MM
Logger was great as usual...

C U next weekend in the grand daddy of contests for me...

73, Scott VE1OP