[3830] SS SSB N4OX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4OX@webtv.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N4OX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:49:20 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N4OX
Operator(s): N4OX
Station: N4OX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NFL
Operating Time (hrs): 23.6

------------
  160:
   80:   28
   40:  601
   20:  941
   15:  156
   10:   10
------------

Club:

Comments:

Another "Field Day" type operation with a 60 foot rented portable lift for a
tower. Murphy showed up on Sunday morning when the tri-bander started having
issues on all three bands. Was low power on the high bands from about 1500 GMT
on due to whatever went wrong with the tribander (probably the balun or
feedline). Lowering the lift would have caused me to have to restring the 40 and
80 meter antennas, so I decided to leave it up and run low power until I went
back to 40 meters. Hindsight being 20/20, I probably should have tried to fix
the tri-bander as 40 meters was slow at the end from Northwest Florida. High
power definitely makes a difference on 20 meters trying to keep a frequency. All
in all a fun weekend..........next up.......CQWW CW from NQ4I and then the ARRL
10 meter contest with another rented lift from home.

73, Jay N4OX