[3830] SS SSB KP2A(KW8N) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KP2A(KW8N) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 19:47:29 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KP2A
Operator(s): KW8N
Station: KP2A

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VI
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  244
   20:  398
   15:  885
   10:  171
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Turned out to be the only available contest weekend for me this Fall.  Kind of a
last minute idea to operate from KP2.  Decided to try low power to see what it
was like.  Line noise is still outrageous at times and I apologize for all those
folks who I simply could not hear Sunday morning and early afternoon on
20-15-10.  We have the guilty pole identified but can't get the power company to
do anything about it.  Was still hooking up equipment and making repairs to
various items broken during the trip well into the start of the contest and then
finally took an early time off to finish things up.  Also ran out of time to get
a working antenna going on 80 meters but sure glad I took the time to put up a
temporary 15 meter beam that I had stashed down there.

Clean sweep was very easy this year.  I think I had every section more than
once.

Bob KW8N (opr at KP2A)