[3830] CQWW SSB FY5KE M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, f5hry@wanadoo.fr
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB FY5KE M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:58:49 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: FY5KE
Operator(s): FY5KE
Station: FY5KE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Kourou
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  119    14       52
   80:  395    18       70
   40:  594    23       91
   20: 1804    37      143
   15: 1883    38      148
   10: 3600    35      146
------------------------------

Club: RACK

Comments:

The operators for the 2004 event of the CQWW SSB were F1HAR, F5HRY, F5MZN,
F6EPY,
F6FGZ and F6FVY. A moral and logistical support was provided by Jacques FY1FL,
whom
has to be grandly thanked.

The station was mostly the same as last year, we just fixed the problem we had
noticed between the 20m and 40m beams. Six beverages (US short, US long, EU
short,
EU long, JA and AF) including home brewed preamps were installed.

Conditions on the high bands were much better than expected, which is rather not

appreciated in FY, due to good W <-> EU paths ... We found the 40m (and the low
bands)
to be not as good as 2003, but we made some band changing mistakes during the
first night.
However, we were glad to work our first JA on 80m (JF1IST), which is kind of a
big
challenge from FY ! We noticed 2 short blackouts, one being 1147z on saturday.

We suffered some technical problems with a PA (nice smell of burned plastic
from
the RF switching relay ...) and one of the TS850, but nothing dramatic. For the
first
time, we had a telephone line for the DX Cluster, which appeared to be RF
proofed with
dozens of ferrite beads !

The very last version of our contest logging software WinTest, including the
propagation forecast linked to the
excellent Hamcap by Alex VE3NEA was a real help to take pertinent skeds.

The final score is lower than last year, but the 20 Mpts is still beaten.
Congratulations
to the CQ9K team which seems to be ahead.

FY5KE has now its own web pages at www.fy5ke.org (update in progress, be
patient)
WinTest software is available at www.win-test.com