[3830] CQWW SSB IH9P M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, it9blb@infcom.it
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB IH9P M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 02:39:58 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: IH9P
Operator(s): I2IFT I2PJA I8QLS IK2ANI IK2CIO IK2HKT IK2RZP IK7JWY IK8ETA IN3QGY
IN3ZNR OK1FUA W1NA IT9BLB IT9WPO IT9ZMX
Station: IH9P

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Pantelleria Is.
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  436    13       76
   80:  538    18       80
   40: 1376    29      118
   20: 1751    40      155
   15: 1895    39      151
   10: 2129    37      151
------------------------------

Club: TIKIRRIKI CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

The planned score target hasn't been fully achieved but, probably,
the "Big Slam" target (M/M, M/2 and M/S in three years)has been ....
IH9P's field day setup end the usual FB crew had their launching
ceremony in M/S too and all previous acquired know-how gave the
yearly "full immersion" of friendship and radio sport.
A lot of team members joined the 2004 operations despite the
individual poor operating times, but CQWW SSB at IH9P is felt
like a too important meeting moment for all of us and any final
result is perfectly felt as a team's one: one of best things!
Propagation wasn't so closed to our expectations, that's why
the operations' supervisors guys had a lot of hard work in
finding the right band to have the better rate, often asking
the running station to jump in crazy ways.
A lot of deliberate QRM (always the same station!), on several
bands, showed that probably we weren't so welcome in M/S category
but, such tactics seems to be frequent enough since a log time
to a lot of active contesters: not so bad at the end.....
Weather conditions get really worse on sunday evening and the
terrible Scirocco wind destroyed both 160 and 80m antennas, preventing
us to run the planned night hours on that bands: a real pity and
a heavy lost.

See you on 2005 !

Joe,IT9BLB/KF6FBC/9H3DC/IH9P/IU9S

 http://www.ih9p.com/