[3830] CQWW CW GU4CHY 20M H/P

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW GU4CHY 20M H/P
From: Richard Allisette <rallisette@cwgsy.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:06:24 +0000
First single-op effort in 24 years! And therefore first, on my own, with
this computer logging malarky. For a Luddite like me that was a more scary
prospect than the contest itself.
Decided to operate 20m only, to break myself in gently. Conditions I found
average rather than good, and I failed miserably with Africa. Apart from the
5U5Z beacon I heard nothing south of CN and therefore missed ZS for an easy
double mult. Virtually all my missed zones were African ones. Band closed
here by 19.30Z both evenings.
I think I needed another dozen or so multipliers to be in with a shout -
maybe should have done more search and pounce on the first day - what is the
general feeling on this?
Murphy was thankfully absent, the only technical problem being a sticky +
button on the keyboard, so apologies to those I sent "R de GU4CHY" to
several times in succession.
Just one final thing, now that Bob Heil has perfected Quiet Phones, can he
do the same with cookies? Munching Hob Nobs with headphones on does not help
when trying to work a pile-up of weak and watery JAs!
Right, back to the computer to work out how to do the sending-in bit.

Rig: FT1000MPMkV, Acom1000, TH6

Raw score GU4CHY, 20m single band high power:

Q:2221 Z:34 C:110 Points: 601,601

Dick GU4CHY