[3830] CQWW CW N0VD SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N0VD SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:22:06 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N0VD
Operator(s): N0VD
Station: N0VD

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  576    31       94
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

I intended to op SOAB but having done some (very) last minute antenna work and
only having 12 Qs in the first hour I changed my mind and decided upon 15M SB -
perhaps this wasn't such a good idea in retrospect.  15 was (somewhat)
cooperative on Saturday but Sunday was a whole different matter.  Whoever was in
charge of the propagation switch forgot to turn it on.  In 11+ hours in the
chair on Sunday, I only managed 168 contacts.  I could count the number of EU
stations on one hand all of which I'd worked on Saturday.  Numerous times I
thought about tossing in the towel but stuck with it.  It was interesting to be
working JAs and out of nowhere have an OH call.  Too bad there weren't more of
you guys!

Highlight was stumbling on VK9AA calling CQ with no takers.  Probably the
easiest I've ever worked Cocos-Keeling.  A steady stream of JAs on Saturday
night was nice too.

See you next year,
Kelly - N0VD