[3830] CQWW CW OH4MFA SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oh4mfa@sral.fi
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OH4MFA SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:23:29 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OH4MFA
Operator(s): OH4MFA
Station: OH4MFA

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: KP32NG
Operating Time (hrs): 37

  160:  127     6       34
   80:  202     9       40
   40:   92     9       35
   20:  274    20       65
   15:  171    24       57
   10:   40    10       19
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Team : CCF Sisu Team
        Software : N1MM Logger V4.0.179

             Rig : Elecraft K2, 5 watts output

        Antennas : Tribander 10-15-20, Verticals 40-80-160
                   4 Beverages, 6 directions

         Soapbox : After CQWW SSB I had high hopes for CW. Conditions
                   were not so good, but still some good DX could be
                   worked and heard. It was harder to get through
                   pile-ups. Quite many peditions could not be worked
                   with 5 watts. Maybe I can't hear so many on SSB?
                   Propably this year was my first and last CQWW with QRP
                   power. So many good DX left unworkable. Sometimes
                   I felt sorry for operator, who tried to dig my
                   callsign from the noise. But I have to say again:
                   amazing ears on the other end. I like QRP, but I'm
                   going to leave it for rag-chewing, field days etc.
                   CQWW and other major contest it is LP or HP for me.