[3830] CQWW CW K1AR(@K1EA) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1ar@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K1AR(@K1EA) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 07:10:30 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1AR
Operator(s): K1EA, K1AR
Station: K1EA

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Harvard, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:   48    12       29
   80:  349    23       87
   40: 1026    38      129
   20:  930    39      135
   15:  988    33      127
   10:  193    24       85
------------------------------

Club: YCCC

Comments:

With no specific plans in mind other than a strong desire to not miss the CW WW,
Ken and I cobbled together whatever was working at his place and hit the
airwaves. For those of you who don't know, K1EA is in the process of building a
new house on his existing property, so ham activities have taken a back seat
during that process.

Our primary game plan was to have fun and for the most part, that's what
happened. It's clear that we picked a good weekend to not be totally serious,
because we would have had our heads handed to us even if we were at full
strength. Congrats to K4JA and N3RS for outstanding efforts. I'm personally
thrilled with the K4JA team performance as, sadly, they exit the scene.

Our operation was filled with the usual problems: rain static, auroral buzz,
other distractions. But, it was a hoot to get back on the air again and work the
boys. Amazingly, we managed to get all bands working at Ken's place, which is a
miracle if you saw the war zone that has been created by his little construction
project.

I'm not authorized to speak on behalf of W1-land, but suffice it to say that
over the weekend we received a healthy dose of the pain many of you in other
parts of the US have in every contest as propagation favored the South (and West
to a certain extent). That said, in no way does that take away from the
Herculean efforts of N9RV, K3CR (LZ4AX), N2IC, K3LR, W3LPL and many others. If
anything, we respect you guys even more now.

So, another WW is complete. And, although not up to its usual standards in some
ways, a fine WW it was.

TU to Kenny for putting up with my initiative to get us on the air.

73 John, K1AR