[3830] CQWW CW 5U5Z M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g4piq@btinternet.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW 5U5Z M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:49:45 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 5U5Z
Operator(s): G0MTN, G3PJT, G3SXW, G4BWP, G4PIQ, K5VT, KC7V, N7NG
Station: 5U5Z

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Niamey
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   350    16       63
   80:   950    30       90
   40:  2108    36      131
   20:  4342    39      155
   15:  4123    39      157
   10:  2658    36      140
-------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

The VooDoo return to Niger was great fun as expected and turned in a raw score
less than 1% bigger than last year - however this hides a 13% reduction in the
number of QSOs (mostly due to 10m, but with all bands 40-10 down a bit), and a
balancing increase in the multiplier totals (we had packet this year + a little
more manpower to focus on multiplier chasing). The effects of the declining
sunspot cycle on QSO totals and propagation were obvious to us even from the
equator.

QSO totals on 80/160 are up a little, but this is probably down to better
antennas on these bands this year rather than great conditions. Quite variable
conditions across the weekend - sounding quite disturbed at times - especially
on the low bands. For example, almost nothing heard of North America on 160.

We did what we could with receive antennas on 160, but the site is inherently
noisy.

Wayne, N7NG & I returned directly from 5U today. The rest of the team have
driven the 500km back to XT2 today complete with very well laden bus!

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs & to Jim, 5U7JB for all his help.

73,

The Voodudes