[3830] CQWW CW EA8ZS(CT1BOH) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ct1boh@sapo.pt
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW EA8ZS(CT1BOH) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:56:14 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: EA8ZS
Operator(s): CT1BOH
Station: EA8ZS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Galdar
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

  160:   45     7       33
   80:  580    17       66
   40: 1921    33      102
   20: 1166    28       98
   15: 1270    34       99
   10: 1385    33      104
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

First of all many thanks to Manolo, EA8ZS, for the pleasure and privilege I had
to enjoy his truly wonderful company for a full week. Manolo is one of a kind
and a true competitive contest man, full of interesting and juicy EA8 contesting
stories ? I had a blast!

Unfortunately this was mainly a 10 trough 40 meter contest for me, and with mid
to high angle signals take-offs. Being in a deep valley, with no clear line of
horizon in sight all around, a big volcano mountain due north and with the city
of Galder on the slopes of the volcano mountain across a highway in front of the
house, providing noise on all the bands, but particularly bad on 80 and 160, it
was a challenge and very difficult RX exercise. Although I had 200-meter long
beverages for EU and USA, the noise of Galder was always very, very bad.
Congrats to K3LR and W1KM who where my only USA stations on 160, overcoming the
20DB over 9 of constant noise, and a testament to their antennas.

Apart from the contest I had a very enjoyable moment with EA8AH, on his new
mountaintop QTH, home of SSB M/M EA8ZS operation and EA8EA and EA8EW 20 and
15-meter CW operations. The mountaintop QTH is very impressive, although just
3KM away from Manolo?s farm it stands about 700 meters above. In the contest I
would often spot EA8EA and EA8EW on the bands with my second radio, and could
almost sense their RF way up there, over my head,

Another great moment was visiting EA8EA/EA8BH/EA8AH old QTH with Ville, OH2MM. I
had a guided tour of the bunker and could feel all the thousands of QSOs and
records from this marvelous sea front QTH, now home of EA8/OH4NL.

Congrats to Al, D4B, for his first CW victory. I was shocked to hear he had to
quit at 16:00z, with 7500 QSOs and 15M points and missing breaking the world
record ? that must hurt ? but, Al, if there is one good thing about records, is
they all will be broken some day or another.

73? José
CT1BOH

PS: Ohhh, a lot of people asked why ?EE? - ?dit dit? at the end of every QSO.
Apart from the fact it works and saves time compare with ?TU? - ?Dah, dih dih
Dah?, it was sort of a farewell to the E in my P40E call sign, and the E of my
friend Emily's callsign P43E, as I move to CT3 for future contests.