[3830] CQWW CW VP9I M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, youngp@hp.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VP9I M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:13:48 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VP9I
Operator(s): WA1S, KQ1F, K1XM
Station: VP9I

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Bahamas
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  195     6       18
   80:  722    16       65
   40: 1505    25       90
   20: 1541    28      108
   15: 1227    26       93
   10:  684    24       81
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment:  FT-1000MP
            FT-920 (replaced Sunday by TS-940S)

Antennas:   Cushcraft A-4 at 20'
            Mosley CL-33 with TA-33 driven element at 15'
            Carolina Windom (40 meters)
            G5RV (80/160 Meters)
            40 meter dipole

A new multi-2 record for Bermuda!

Ann was the primary operator on 40 and 15, and I was the
primary operator on the other bands.  Charlotte filled in
as needed.

Ann stayed awake for the full 48 hours.  I slept twice.

Propagation was not kind to small stations.  Last year
I had about 4,800 QSOs single-op.  This year we had
about 1,000 more QSOs multi-2.  About 66% of our QSOs
were with North America.

We had a few small problems - several hours without Internet,
intermittent computer linkage, a bad power supply cable,
a half-dead receiver, and the dog chewed up the coax to the
Windom.  None of this kept us from operating.

One nice thing about running 100 watts is inter-station
interference isn't a big problem.  A couple ICE filters took
care of most of it.

Congrats to K4JA and N3RS who whomped us in zone 5 M/2.

Thanks to everyone who spotted us and made us the #12 most
spotted station.

And special thanks to Ed, VP9GE.

                              Paul, K1XM