[3830] CQWW CW LY7Z(LY2TA) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW LY7Z(LY2TA) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 00:30:19 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LY7Z
Operator(s): LY2TA
Station: LY7Z

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: KO16JA
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:
   80:
   40: 2377    39      149
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 2377    39      149  Total Score = 820,056

Club:

Comments:

RIG: FT1000MP + ACOM 2000A
ANT: 3 ele YAGI @30mh

Propogation was not good enough compare to last year.
Continental statistic compare to last year:

   2003    2004
NA  528     476
SA   19      33
EU 1185    1382
AF   21      22
OC   21      38
AS  255     426

Last year best hour rate was 137 QSO/h(to USA), this year only 122 QSO/h(to
JA)
Very bad cndx to Nort America this year. S&P'ing too much, because CQ'ing did
not brings good rate at all.
Sunday night USA signals was very weak here. It was pitty to hear how West
EU's
running USA's with good rate. S&P'ing helps to improove mult this year. But
still missed zone 39 for WAZ. Did not even hear zone 39 on 40m this year.
Second VFO of 1000MP is best cluster :-). When found big pileup it was easy to
jump and work new mult.
Several times heard ZK1 station running JA's, but he was too weak here and I
could not complete his callsign. Tried to call him but no luck.It was nice to be
called of some rare mults  such as CP6, KH6, XE, CE, KL7, ZA, 3D2, KH2, 9M8,
KH), VK9N, XU, VK9X, ZS, HI, 6Y, FK8, ZC4, 9G5, ZP and JW... (JW - I heard him
first day S&P'ing and could not catch him, but at the end of the contest he
called me and gave me new mult! Thanks my friend!)
Heard but did not worked several more mults...Congratulations to A61AJ for high
score from Asia, and Toni at OH0B.
Operated with single antenna this year, because 4 ele KLM YAGI is broked.
Thanks everybody for contacts. CU in next contest!
73! Andy LY2TA