[3830] CQWW CW DK3DM(@DF0RI) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW DK3DM(@DF0RI) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 03:44:42 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: DK3DM
Operator(s): DJ2QV,DK3DM,DL1EKC,DL3PS
Station: DF0RI

Class: M/S HP
QTH: nr. Warstein
Operating Time (hrs): 47.7

  160:  240    10       51
   80:  757    24       94
   40:  769    34      122
   20:  721    35      124
   15:  502    33      118
   10:  148    27       91
------------------------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Hi !
After the great result in the SSB part from this location, we were very
enthusiastic to achieve a similar score in CW...
Well two gentlemen fooled us: First there was Mr. Helios who decided to cause
some  nice Auroras and ruin the propagation on the higher bands almost
completely at our latitude and second it was the well known Mr. Murphy who
thought that it was absolutely necessary to work with a gas-powered Soldering
Iron in the middle of the night to try and fix the matching network of the V160
vertical. Well, later on we found out that he had played even some more tricks
on us by swapping the coax cables of the 20m Yagi and the Tribander... ok, that
was a cheap trick....
Anyhow we had fun and thats the main thing. Thanks to everybody who called us in
the contest !

Maik DJ2QV for the crew at "Radio Taubeneiche"

www.taubeneiche.de

Rig: 2x TS-850-S and 2x KW Power Amplifiers, Dunestar band filters
Antennas: V160, 2ele 40m Yagi@22m, JP2000 @24m, 5ele 20m Yagi@15m, FB33 @12m,
Dipoles 80/40m.