[3830] CQWW CW ZY7C M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, py2yp@py2yp.ws
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW ZY7C M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:05:47 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ZY7C
Operator(s): PR7AB PT7AA PT7WA PY2YP PY7RP PY7XC
Station: ZY7C

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Fortaleza, CE
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   14     9       13
   80:  124    17       56
   40:  614    27       80
   20:  874    27       72
   15: 1448    33      109
   10:  623    29       91
------------------------------

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

Station Description: IC-766 Pro II, TS570 plus TL922 and FL2100Z

Antennas:
10 meters:  stacked yagi 7 over 5
15 meters:  stacked yagi 6 over 5
20 meters:  stacked yagi 5 over 5
40 meters:  stacked yagi 2 over 2
80 meters:  3 element wire yagi
160 meters: inverted Vee

Software: Writelog, WINCAP3

Operators: PR7AB, PT7AA, PT7WA, PY2YP, PY7RP e PY7XC

Remarks:

This was my very first operation away from my QTH, I was invited to attend, to a
multi-single effort, the ZY7C station located quite close to the Equator line,
just 3 degrees bellow of that, it means nearly 3.000 kilometers from my
location. What a difference!

This station is still under development, plenty with good antennas, located on a
very pleasant site. The shack was built just beneath tropical fruits trees as
mango, caju among others exotic flavored tastes. When the operators were
switched they could take a nap under those trees, enjoying those wonderful
ice-cold flavors crushed on large jars. A crystal clear swimming pool was
available just a few steps from the operating position. This is what I call a
tropical paradise: large antennas, shadow and exotic flavors.

We were blessed with good propagation despite of being on the bottom of the
current solar cycle. However, due to the site geographical location and poor
solar indexes we weren't able to work Japan, just 3 QSOs, and not a single QSO
with the zone 19, the paths for those areas go through the North Pole. On the
other path side, the Australians also didn't cross the South magnetic pole. So,
no VKs 30 on the log, it did cost us the zones 29 and 30.

On the other hand, we did have a very good opening both to Europe, USA, Caribe
and Africa, allowing us to have nice runnings whether USA and Europe on 40 and
80 meters. An inverted vee for the 160 meters logged a few Caribbean among a
couple of Europeans, not that bad, considering we used only 100 watts on that
band. The best band score came from 15 meters, the king of the bands.

Murphy did show up on Friday morning creating trouble after trouble on the
computer network, radios link, connector and so on. However, when the contest
was about to start Mr. Murphy decided to take a walk outside the shack, taste
some fruit juice and take a rest on that breathtaking landscape. Of course, he
never showed up again, so this is secret guys, Mr. Murphy enjoys a lot a well
deserved vacation. I believe he had a lot of work up there on the frozen North
Hemisphere.

I'd like to public express my gratitude to PT7CB, PT7YV and PT7BZ for their FB
hospitality. I did enjoy a lot sharing the station with the great operators:
PR7AB, PT7AA, PT7WA, PY7RP and PY7XC.

See you all next year.

Impressions by PY2YP.