[3830] CQWW CW CT7B(CT1ILT) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ct1ilt@mail.telepac.pt
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW CT7B(CT1ILT) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 14:40:52 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: CT7B
Operator(s): CT1ILT
Station: CT1ILT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  132     8       44
   80:  533    14       70
   40:  975    28      102
   20:  770    32      101
   15: 1151    29      102
   10:  500    29       89
------------------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

I arrived home from University on friday very late and very tyred, so I was
thinking of not taking part in this year's CQWW CW. But as I had applyed for the
CT7B call I had the responsability to be on the air.

I had no idea on how propagation was because my last QSO was in VP5, so I really
was blind on the propagation.

After having a good afternoon sleep, I went to the radio just 1 hour before the
contest to check conditions. I could hear lots of DX on 20m and my stratagy was
the same from last year, start with high runs on 20m, unfortunatly as the
contest was starting conditions disappeared on 20m, I coulod only hear South
America, so I changed quickly to 40m and started running, I was amased to see
40m on such great shape, specially to USA, signals were HUGE.

1º DAY:

Propagation was strange, with lot of static on 160/80m, had good runs on 40m
specially from USA, I was hopping JA's in the morning like last year, but none
was heard.

I had good propagation on 20/15m to EUROPE and USA, pile ups were good, had nice
runs but not like last year's RUNS. Almost no Asia at all, no JA´s, only some
UA9´s.

10m conditions were good to USA the only problem was that I could not have a
decent run, had something like 10minute pile, nothing else.
The only EUROPE i could hear/work on 10m was UA/UR, east EUROPE. No DL, SP, OK,
F, nothing, all very strange.

2nd DAY

Propagation improved specially the static on low bands, actually low bands were
very silent which allowed me to work some mults. But never heard a US stations,
only 3 VE's were worked.

40m Rocked again.

15/20m still the same on the 2nd day, not JA´s and had nice runs.

10m Still the same, nice signals from USA but no EUROPE, so no Mults.....:(

Hope everyone got the call right CT7B and not CT6D, CT7D, CT8B.

Congrats to my good friend Al 4L5A(D4B) for his good score, as always.

Nice to see a lot of WWYC people on the air.

Donno which will be my next contest cause I have lot of study at University...

Nice to work everyone ..

73's CT1ILT aka CT7B, VP5/CT1ILT, CQ0T, CS6T.