[3830] CQWW CW N4TZ/9 SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4tz@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N4TZ/9 SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 06:03:47 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N4TZ/9
Operator(s): N4TZ/9
Station: N4TZ/9

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 41
Radios: SO2R

  160:   35     7       17
   80:  106    14       48
   40:  175    24       71
   20:  424    30      101
   15:  362    27       91
   10:   98    19       42
------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

If you're not moving ahead, you're falling behind.

My low-power competitors seemed to be following this adage.
N5AW added a 4 element Step-IR.  N1UR replaced his field-day
type setup with real towers.  W1MU goes to his Maine QTH to
be closer to the DX.  I, on the other hand, just barely got
back to my standard antenna setup by erecting my 80 and 160
antennas the week before the contest.  So, while the leaders
were falling only 300k or 600k off their last year's scores
due to the declining propagation, my score dropped by 1 meg.
I like to feel I'm performing a public service by NOT changing
my station; that permits others to more accurately gauge their
station improvements despite changing propagation.

As I have noted before, regardless of the contest, about 1000
S&P QSOs is my limit.  Since I was only able to accumulate
148 "run" QSOs this weekend, I knew I was in trouble.  No
hours of CQing on 15 or 20.  Of course, this made listening to
the second radio a heck of a lot easier, if not more fun.

I heard several USA multi-op stations calling CQ above 21.1MHz.
I hope they remembered to turn off their amplifiers to keep
legal.