[3830] ARRL 160 K7RE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7re@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K7RE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:55:11 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K7RE
Operator(s): K7RE
Station: K7RE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SD
Operating Time (hrs): 28

Total:  QSOs = 1024  Sections = 75  Countries = 5  Total Score = 164,800

Club:

Comments:

Last year :

614 QSO's 73 mults, 95,942 points, so I made a good improvement over my old
score, and am happy.  I am sure that the LP Dakota Division winner will go to a
big gun over in MN.   I only have a 45 foot high antenna!

I actually had  411 Q's, and 71 sections 7 hours into the contest!  I was
amazed! The rate counter hit 200 several times Friday night.  I ran from about 3
PM local to 7:30 AM Local with 2 hours of sleep in the middle of each night.

It never ceases to amze me just how much fun can be had on top band with simple
antennas.  Radio was an Elecraft K-2-100 with the DSP option, which helped a lot
on the weak ones, coupled with a very low noise QTH in the Black Hills of SD.