[3830] ARRL 10 N0VD SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N0VD SO SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 19:53:42 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N0VD
Operator(s): N0VD
Station: N0VD

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: Colorado
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   CW:
  SSB:  418    83
-------------------
Total:  418    83  Total Score = 69,388

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

The clock said about 12 hours of operating but it sure felt like a lot more than
that!  I was hoping for a lot better conditions but I guess this was to be
expected.

Tough going from Colorado.  Exactly 1 EU, 1 AF and only a handful of JA.  The
path seemed to be long from this location.  Heard lots of big numbers from the
Caribbean and SA.  Those seemed to be the hot spots this year.  Things were
about as much fun as going to the dentist.   Note to self: warm tropical
location next year!

Highlight was giving up on 10 and going to 20 Saturday morning to try to work
the VU4 and actually being able to hear them for the first time.  Lowlight was
watching the less than 30 minute window slip away in the midst of total chaos.
;-)

CU next year,
Kelly - N0VD