[3830] CQWW CW CN2R(W7EJ) SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jims@psws.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW CN2R(W7EJ) SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:23:32 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: CN2R
Operator(s): W7EJ
Station: CN2R

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: Morocco
Operating Time (hrs): 31

  160:
   80: 2450    34      118
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Had a good time. Band Condx were Noisy to the West. It was much quieter to the
East. Wanted to exercise the 2 Element Yagi@45 Meters. Received almost all QSOs
on the 2 wavelength North American or 2 wavelength Europe/Asia Beverage.
I also have two K9AY Loop antennas.
The beverages were normally 5 to 10db better then the K9AY loops.
I worked a few stations using the loops(TF3...) that could not be heard on the
beverages.

Did not achieve the record, about 100K short. Maybe next time. I did collect a
lot of information about 80M band condx from CN. It was a surprise to me how
much dx is available 2 hours before sunset. This data will help in the next
CQWW.

This was the second contest with the K9AY RAS receive antenna box. It worked
very well.
The ability to quickly switch listening antennas or to listen on multiple
antennas, with the remote control box on the desk, was a real plus.
I recommend this K9AY RAS box for SO2R stations. It is a 2 port device and
solves the problem of feeding all of your listening antennas to both radios.

CN2KM (sm2ekm) operated from the station as a SOSB 20M HP entry.
This was the first time for two ops from my location. Used ICE419 filters and
had no QRM between stations.

I hope to add a vertical on 80 Meters for next year.

Thanks to all Ops for the QSOs
Jim