[3830] CQWW CW K8MR(@WA2YLO) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K8MR(@WA2YLO) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:07:27 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: WA2YLO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   57    12       30
   15:   31    12       22
   10:   25    13       19
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The eternal WWCW Thanksgiving scheduling conflict left me at my sister's in New
Bern, NC. Fortunately I was able to get on for a few hours from the station of
friend and neighbor WA2YLO.

Problems with an unfamiliar station, simple as it was, reared their ugly head.
It took me a couple of hours to realize that the horrible power line noise was
really coming from a battery charger that YLO uses to charge storage batteries
which run the radio.  It was another hour to figure out that the computer noise
was my laptop, which like the charger was only a foot or two from end of the
long wire antenna inside his shack.  Duh!

Anyway, I got to pass out a few qsos, and realize that I had not missed a
propagation classic for the ages.

73 - Jim   K8MR