[3830] RAC Winter VE1RGB SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE1RGB SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 18:31:03 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE1RGB
Operator(s): VE1RGB
Station: VE1RGB

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Halifax, NS
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:   64              5
   80:  102              8
   40:  134              9
   20:  211              9
   15:   65              6
   10:    1              1
    6:
    2:
Total:  577     0       38         0  Total Score = 117,192

Club: Maritime Contesting Club

Comments:

My best score ever in this contest.  It was helped considerably by VE1RAC
(VE1AI) who pushed me through the bands at 20 pts a pop in one fell swoop, and
by VE9DX who gratefully consented to a QSY to 160M at the eleventh hour (as in,
like, 2359Z) to give me a badly needed multiplier worth a whole bunch at the
very end.

One of my K2s decided to go deaf on some bands when it got really hot, so I have
some work to do there.  However, the second K2 picked up the slack.  Usually I
am overwhelmed by EU stations during this contest, but little propagation there
this year. Instead, my new dipoles work well looking west and a higher
percentage of VEs than normal made up for the colume of EU stations.

Great fun!