[3830] TBDC K5GO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5go@cox-internet.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K5GO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 11:48:44 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K5GO
Operator(s): K5GO
Station: K5GO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AR
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 501  Total Score = 2,449

Club:

Comments:

Congrats to K9DX for the great score.  Conditions were pretty good here, but was
noisy as compared to ARRL 160 test.  Worked 45 Europeans and 13 JA stations.

Thought I was going to get a little sleep today but was awakened by phone to
learn that the high winds had broken the U bolts on my 20M sidemount and the
only thing keeping the antenna from going THROUGH the guy wires on its way to
the ground was a "safety cable" I had wrapped around the boom and attached to
the tower above the antenna.  It is now off the guy wires and temporarily
hanging on the side of the tower with four ropes and that cable until it gets
fixed in a few days.

Rig:  Omni 6+ and AL-1500
Antennas:  90' tower shunt fed with elevated radials and 56' boom 15M yagi for
top loading - NE, NW, SE and E/W (unterminated) beverages

Happy Holidays to all!

Stan, K5GO