[3830] RTTY Roundup VA7ST Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup VA7ST Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 16:22:27 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 16

------------
   80:   62
   40:   54
   20:  284
   15:  134
   10:   51
------------
Total:  585  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 29  Total Score = 47,385

Club:

Comments:

* FT920
* N1MM Logger
* 3-element tribander at 45'
* 40M delta loop
* 80M delta loops

Had to pick one contest to run in, and RU won the battle of the shack. Wanted to
jump in for NAQP CW but couldn't rip myself away from the green keys.

Thought conditions were all right on 10M and 80M, but not all that great on 40M
(weak), 20M (noisy). Went into the contest thinking I simply had to beat last
year's 17,000 points and 311 Qs, now that I have the tribander and high deltas,
etc. Well, I more than doubled the score and added a couple hundred to the Q
total, so I am quite happy.

Almost had last year's mult total by Saturday evening, then the EU opening
Sunday morning catapulted the mults from 55 to 75. I picked up a few more scarce
mults Sunday afternoon, including a much-needed AB from VE6YR on 40M. Usually I
don't check 40M in mid-afternoon but the high bands were either rough or gone so
I hit the bandswitch. There he was working away with an S9+ signal. Thanks
Bob.

Didn't hear WY till the final two hours, then worked three -- two of them
back-to-back! Couldn't find ND, then KA0BKO called me on 20M. Thanks guys!

Seemed like TX, MO and CO were well represented.

Had a lot of fun and did better than I anticipated. That's a good combo.

Thanks for all the contacts.

-- Bud VA7ST