[3830] RTTY Roundup K0HW Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K0HW@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K0HW Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 19:22:31 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K0HW
Operator(s): K0HW
Station: K0HW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SD
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   80:  215
   40:  224
   20:  256
   15:  147
   10:   35
------------
Total:  877  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 35  Total Score = 77,176

Club:

Comments:

This was my first entry in this contest as a single op.  I had worked with the
W0SD crew in 2002 and 2003.  It was those sessions that introduced me to
Writelog and the RTTY Roundup.  I got the bug and have been into this contest
stuff since, I had only played around in SS, FD and some state QSO Parties
before 2002.  I changed my call in 2002 from WA0ARZ to K0HW because I thought
it would be a better contest call.  It is much better except in all the
contests
that W0HW is in it really gets them thinking when they get a MN from W0HW and
a SD from K0HW.

I tried a operating plan for times and where I wanted to operate.  It needs
major tweeking.  I thought I would start on 10 Meters because it had to be as
good as it was in the 10 Meter Contest in December.  It was but no one else
started there.  I will give it 10 minutes next time instead of an hour!

I am sure glad we have programs now that make these RTTY contests easier
than using paper tapes and a Model 28ASR.  Imagine what we would feel like
after 24 hours of old TTY work.

The bands were all in  good shape, I went high power but most of the time
while
in S&P mode I was low power.  There were a lot of EU stations on 40 with
really
strong signals.  I never heard a NE, VT or ND.  I sure hope the rest of you
found them.

Imagine what it was like before I found contesting I would have spent the
weekend on the couch watching the NFL WildCard games!!!