[3830] RTTY Roundup AA5AU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa5au@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup AA5AU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:25:40 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  262
   40:  323
   20:  541
   15:  294
   10:   43
------------
Total: 1463  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 52  Total Score = 162,393

Club:

Comments:

Band conditions played a big role in this year's contest and brought the biggest
challenges.  I had my lowest score in 5 years, but I did well under the
propagation we had to work with.

40 meters was the biggest surprise & disappointment.  The band was quiet
Saturday night but there were little or no signals from the USA East Coast or
Midwest.  It was all West Coast and not enough stations to meet my 40M goal of
400 QSO's.  The lack of signals on 40M required me to take my rest period an
hour earlier than scheduled in order to try to make up for lost Q's on 40 and 80
early Sunday morning.  It kind of worked, but that slow Saturday night on 40
really hurt my score.

More details to come in my AA5AU Contest Notes on rttycontesting.com

Thanks to everyone for the Q's.  It was a fun contest.