[3830] NAQP SSB WM5R Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wm5r@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB WM5R Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 09:37:37 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: WM5R
Operator(s): WM5R
Station: WM5R

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:   23    17
   20:   17    11
   15:   62    22
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  103    51  Total Score = 5,253

Club:

Team: Azenmokers

Comments:

A Saturday evening commitment precluded a full-time effort from a real station.
This was a part-time effort from home, where I have a 40 meter dipole and a 20
meter dipole on a common feedpoint at 35'.  The wires interact with each other,
and I don't have it well-tuned, but I can stay below 3:1 on 40, 20, and 15 with
the autotuner in the Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark V.  The rig would only put out about
35 watts on 20 meters, though.  I was surprised I could make a contact at all on
10 meters, as the antenna does really poorly on that band.  The antenna shows
infinite SWR on 80 meters and 160 meters.