[3830] RTTY Roundup P43P Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup P43P Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 02:23:36 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: P43P
Operator(s): P43P
Station: P43P

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 23
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  204
   40:  401
   20:  723
   15:  660
   10:   77
------------
Total: 2065  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 66  Total Score = 258,125

Club:

Comments:

Quite some preparations needed to get the station ready for the RTTY roundup
this year, since a lot of the equipment was shot due to a rare twister/lighting
combo that hit my qth in September last year.

The Yaesu MP1000, Kenwood TS570D, as well as the 2 trusted old PK232's would
none interface with the new computer.
Decided to download MMTTY and at least was able to decode RTTY on the computer.

Two days before the contest, I borrowed a DXP38 and a broken MP1000 from P43E,
as well as a PK232 from P43JK. Between the 2 damaged MP1000's I was able to get
one working correctly with all the filters for RTTY.
Things were looking up.
By friday I finally had my RTTY setup the way I like it. DXP38 on the MP1000 and
 PK232 on the MarkV. Krassy had in the mean time repaired the ACOM 2000A
amplifier which had also suffered lighting damage (thanks Krassy), so I had the
old ALPHA 76A 3 tube amplifier on the MP1000 and the ACOM 2000A on the MarkV.
Made sure I had the last version of Writelog and I was pretty much ready for the
contest.
Even though I was still battling a bad flu, I had a good night rest on friday
evening and woke up about 10:30am. Quickly entered a bandplan on the portable
computer with target qso's from previous years and tentative resting periods.

By 1:45pm local time I started tuning around the bands and found a clear
frequency on oth 15 and 20m. The bands were still a little quiet, but they would
definitelly see quite a bit more activity in the next few minutes.

Given the current conditions, the actual contest was fantastic. Since I had not
really been on RTTY for over a year, it took me a while to get going and get
used to writelog quick keys again.

Anyways, need to get to work now, so I will send an extensive contest writeup
(with pictures) to Jay-WS7I for inclusion in QST and/or their web page.

Thanks for the QSO's and for the QSY's. Sure had lot's of fun seeing all the
familiar calls.

All the best for everyone for 2005 and hope to see you on all bands soon
again...

QSL's via Mario, I2MQP, #1 QSL manager.

Best 73's

de Jacky - P43P