[3830] CQ160 CW VY2ZM Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1zm@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VY2ZM Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:33:29 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VY2ZM
Operator(s): N4PN & ROOKIE K1ZM
Station: VY2ZM

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 34

Total:  QSOs = 1676  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 75  Total Score = 1,644,984

Club:

Comments:

WOW! Had the pleasure of being invited to operate with Jeff at his great station
on PEI. Great host! Altho condx did not seem to be good when we
arrived midweek, due to salt build-up on the power lines, things really got
going once the contest started. This is a all-time best for Jeff from this
location in this contest.
We had 817 ten-point contacts total. One of the contacts just
a few minutes before the end was 9K2MU for country #75. We worked all states
except Alaska.
Jeff had told me before I got here to get ready to run Europe with signals
that sounded like 20 meters, and he was right on. Some of the signals were
just unbelievable.
Both VK and ZL called during the first night, so we got those mults out of
the way early as they both can be very difficult from here. It was really
something to hear 9V1GO coming in LP and also to hear VK6VZ who was really
loud also on the LP.
Outside of the contest, it is a bit more than I can comprehend to look out
the window and see the ocean completely frozen over....not just a little ice,
completely frozen.
The walk down from the road to the house is an experience all within itself.
It's got to be the longest one mile walk I've ever made...even tho we were
only carrying a small bag and some groceries. Coming from the South, I never
knew there was this much snow and ice in the world.
But, let me add, I'll gladly do it again.
73, Paul, N4PN & Jeff, K1ZM