[3830] CQ160 CW ON4WW Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on4ww@on4ww.be
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW ON4WW Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 05:10:41 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: ON4WW
Operator(s): ON4WW
Station: ON4WW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Gent - Belgium
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 1366  State/Prov = 44  Countries = 82  Total Score = 1,031,184

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Sometimes great conditions, my best effort ever. ON4UN's 1996 EU record was in
sight (1,124,375 points), halas, lost 1 1/2 hour due to a technical problem,
trying to work W0ZTL in ND (one of my last two States - that was worth the
effort but no favourable propagation), and numerous and unnecessary 'fights'
with guys trying to overtake the frequency.
Why is it that these fights are with EU-9A-UR-UA-HA-S5-LY prefixes, time and
time again ? As South Europe has a reputation in 'bad behaviour' working DX
stations/expeditions, East Europe seems to span the title during contesting. We
need a mentality change. People from those areas, don't get me wrong, I have
many good friends in your area, some I met personally, most I only met on the
air.
But there are some wrotten apples in there, and they either need to change their
mentality, or should leave the scene.
For the HA8, I am contemplating to ask CQ for your disqualification, for reason
of 'unsportsmanlike behaviour'. Explaining to me, after 25 minutes of
deliberately QRM-ing me, that you went for a 'pee' at the 'WC' and that you were
spotted in the DXcluster as to proving it 'was' your frequency, does not give
you the right to come back to that frequency and claiming it was yours, and QRM
me for 30 minutes.

In all, it was a great weekend with mostly great sportsmanlike behaviour
contacts !
73 - Mark - on4ww.