[3830] ARRL Jan VHF VE3CVG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3cvg@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF VE3CVG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:10:03 -0800

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  101    29  Total Score = 4,147

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Disappointing propagation all around. Minimum and very brief enhancement.
Slightly better Sunday but there were very few to talk to. Many stations had
technical problems due to weather. Very good local turnout, the best I remember
- thank goodness. No rover contacts - wow.

I only worked one station in the east (FN35) and no one in the far west. Its
usually much better in both directions. I typically make 8 or 9 QSO's on 1296
but this time only 4 and one of those was a new station.

50     100W  5 el @ 48 feet
144    100W  8 el @ 54 feet
222     30W  6 el @ 52 feet
432     50W 19 el @ 56 feet
1296    10W 40 el @ 60 feet

Thank you to the locals who came out and gave us some contacts, it would have
been a dismal contest without you. AND I did work Kieran at VE3OSQ on 2m and
70cm SSB, with his FT817 on foot 60km away.

73.
Rick (VE3CVG)