[3830] CQ160 CW LZ9R(LZ3YY) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW LZ9R(LZ3YY) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 00:02:16 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: LZ9R
Operator(s): LZ3YY
Station: LZ3YY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: nr.Aitos
Operating Time (hrs): 18

Total:  QSOs = 531  State/Prov = 1  Countries = 54  Total Score = 150,100

Club:

Comments:

Setup at new contest QTH: TS850SAT@100W,Two Shortened INV.Vees(DL2KQ
design)@12m
portable mast,One to NW/SE,one to NE/SW.

The sunday before contest we with my daddy,LZ1TA successfully errect the
Inv.vees, but in the stormy weather it was not possible to put them high in the
sky :(.I was encouraged to make several QSO and it seems that both antennas
work fine despite low apex.
FIRST TIME EVER I HAD REAL 160m ANT!!!

Contest started very well and I was amazed to work many DX with 100w.Finished
first morning with 240QSO including D4B,NO2R. Several North Americans wereheard

with huge signals: K9OM was Strongest,followed by W2GD,VY2ZM,KF3B,WE3C,K1TTT.
Usually as I am Low Power,the second night is more productive for DX,as in the
beginning Big Guns do their job.I go to bed with big expectations for second
night...
Second night started slowly,but then I was able to work many Asiatic Russians
including UA0ANW for first time ever.JH4UYB had big signal but never find him
CQing.Around 00Z I found SWR drift on NE Vee.Go
outside with battery light to check what happens.Boy it was a HUGE Snow/wind
storm.It was about 1 meter deep snow all around house!Quickly go back to warm
shack and oops the power line shut down.Four hours later still dark and I give
up,contest over for me.On Sunday I pack the equipment,put the boxes in my
trusty car and go drive at home.Mission impossible - road was closed at half
way with two meters deep snow.Go back at contest QTH and surprise-we had power
back!Decided to stay last night,as it was impossible to go home.Unpack the
Equipment again and GO Contest!Last night produced ~90QSO and 3 more mult.
Monday morning at 8am I call my boss(she is lady)and explain the situation.
She said "No problem"!At 10am I was in home,this time road was open.

Many thanks for all the QSO,specially to D4B,NO2R being new ones on top band.

Hope better weather for next time,73 Nasko LZ9R