[3830] MnQP N0FP Mobile/Portable LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ford@cmgate.com
Subject: [3830] MnQP N0FP Mobile/Portable LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 17:28:32 -0800
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: N0FP
Operator(s): N0FP, W0RK, N0VO
Station: N0FP

Class: Mobile/Portable LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:       0        0
   80:       0        0
   40:     544       14
   20:      12      324
   15:       0        0
   10:       0        0
    6:       0        0
    2:       0        0
-------------------------
Total:     556      338  Mults = 62  Total Score = 89,900

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

What a hoot!  Being a mobile in rare counties is nothing short of a blast.
Between the Contesting hounds and the county hunters, the pile-ups were fun to
work.

Running mobile with 2 stations (basically a M/2 on wheels), 20m and 40m were
about all we could muster in 30 minutes.  We made it through 19 counties.  20
was our goal but we kinda got lost in some back country.  A couple of counties
were short of the expected 30 minutes to get back in the schedule.  Oh well.  We
did our best.  Next year!

The pile-ups were fun because the folks were good at working us.  By that I
mean, we are bouncing down back roads, trying to run a laptop, a radio, sunlight
blinding your eyes from time-to-time, sunlight bleaching out the screen so you
cannot even read the screen, and then a chubby finger gets in the way and the
log gets screwed up.  Ever try to run a finger pad (mouse) on a laptop when the
laptop is bouncing up and down several inches?  Lemmetellya, it aint easy!

A good run.  We were pleased...

Ford-N0FP, Kelley-W0RK, Dewey-N0VO

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com