[3830] NA Sprint CW N9RV HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pmbarkey@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N9RV HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 06:16:26 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Indiana
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:  106
   40:  146
   20:  107
---------------------

Club:

Team: SMC #1

Comments:

Wow, that was tough.  After the first hour the bottom just dropped out.
Couldn't get answers and everybody just kept pulling away.  Went to 80m early
out of desperation, and my second Q was N6TR!  (Awesome score, BTW).

Really tough to work anything within 200m.  K9PG was inaudible on 40, and I only
worked W9RE on one band!  Amazing.

Started getting depressed in the last hour or so, and that probably contributed
to the lousy finish.  Had one serious brain lapse (accidentally switching my Top
Ten controller to "Manual" TX switching just as two guys were coming back to my
80m CQ and I could only TX on 40!) but otherwise had very few hardware or
cockpit errors.

Congrats to the high scorers.  I'll be back next September with all my hardware
again.

  - Pat
    N9RV