[3830] RTTY WPX K4GMH SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K4GMH SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:05:36 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 29

   80:  240   834
   40:  382  1606
   20:  451  1144
   15:  325   846
   10:  120   344
-----------------
Total: 1518  4764  Prefixes = 531  Total Score = 2,529,684

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to the WPX RTTY Committee for putting on the Contest.  Always a lot of
fun.

Good conditions considering where we are in the Sun spot cycle.  Coditions were
better on Sunday than on Saturday.
Last year I had the pleasure of being part of the KM4M, multi/2 operation.
Definitely a lot easier being part of a multi operator operation!

Thanks to all who were kind enough to work me and put up with my many requests
of my number.  While on this subject, please work a station again even if they
show up as a duplicate in your log.  You may not be in the other persons log.
Turned out I failed to log a call and when I contacted the station again,
sometime later, I was informed I was a duplicate and should check my log.  Okay,
I did and they weren't in it.  Unfortunately, we both loose QSO credit.   I
applogize for not logging the QSO and then for not insisting we do another one.

This situation has been discussed on several internet reflectors.

One other situation showed up that did cause a bit of concern and that is "whose
frequency is it?".  A station said I had to QSY as the freq. was in use.  This
was after I had sent out a couple of "QRL??" transmission, called CQ several
times and worked five stations on the freq. in a period of five minutes.  Not
sure how long the station that asked me to QSY had been away from the freq. but
must have been at least five munutes.  Is there an agreed upon time limit that
one can come back to his previous freq.and ask some one to leave?  If there is,
I missed getting the info.  Oh, well, there are a lot of other frequencies to
use :>)

Both, especially the former, are very minor compared to the reported situations
that occur in other mode contests.  RTTY is definitely the gentleman's contest
mode.