[3830] RTTY WPX 8P2K(8P6SH) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX 8P2K(8P6SH) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:50:15 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: 8P2K
Operator(s): 8P6SH
Station: 8P6SH

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: 8P
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

   80:   42   188
   40:  135   646
   20:  439   997
   15:  407   986
   10:  172   420
-----------------
Total: 1195  3237  Prefixes = 445  Total Score = 1,440,465

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This was an interesting contest in which I may have made several tactical
errors, and in which I suffered what happens during ARRL RTTY Round-Up -
Europeans point their beams towards the USA and vice-versa.

Best hours were 2000z to 2300z with rates of 86/86/83 on 15 and 20m.

>From the Caribbean I thought conditions were better on the first day, but I
suspect that the issue was that conditions were better on the second day and
no-one could hear my low power signal amongst the huge signals.

I used a microham usb-keyer on the second radio and it was outstanding. It
allowed me to use FSK o the second computer, a laptop that only has USB ports.

A lot of stuff seems to have gotten broken during the week-end. I think I lost
the 10m sections of both an ICE filter (rig 2) and later the 10m section on a
Dunestar filter (rig 1) -- due in part to a slightly high SWR on the 10m
antenna.

As they say - life in the tropics!!!

Congrats to Don - AA5AU who put in a sterling effort that will be hard to beat.
Seems the Icom IC756ProIII's teamed up with a top operator are unbeatable.