[3830] RTTY WPX KR1ST SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kr1st@amsat.org
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX KR1ST SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:43:49 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Ladson, SC
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   64  148
   40:  131  412
   20:  142  210
   15:   34   84
   10:    0    0
-----------------
Total:  371  854  Prefixes = 184  Total Score = 157,136

Club:

Comments:

Power: 50-100 Watts
Antennas: 20m & 40m ladder line fed dipoles, 60m ladder line fed delta loop, all
tree supported.

This is the first time I did anything with RTTY, and a time limited and casual
effort at that.

I missed the openings to EU because I was hunting (not very successfully) for
PAs in a different contest. While running 50 to 100 Watts it was like shooting
fish in a barrel. Maybe it was the conditions. There were only two contacts I
actually had to work for, and they were not even DX. I wonder what it would be
like when running serious power and aluminum. I'm still not sure if I like it.
My biggest disappointment is that there's no QRP class.

Thanks to all who answered my call! Almost everyone had great signals.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com