[3830] ARRLDX CW K1RX M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K1RX M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 06:14:57 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): KF1V, K1EO, K1FOO, K1RX, N1IX
Station: K1RX

Class: M/M HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  248    59
   80:  898    94
   40:  921   102
   20: 1918   119
   15: 1295   104
   10:  142    57
-------------------
Total: 5422   535  Total Score = 8,699,100

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Very small crew this year (where have all the CW guys gone?) but found them all
of the bands!  A fun weekend for sure and the conditions pretty much tracked
with the propagation predictions - fortunately the bands were only disturbed by
the contest activity.  The BIG NEWS for our team is the announcement of our
newbie contester who had limited CW experience in years past, is now a certified
convert!  With many hours of recreational cw contesting practice under his belt
(laptop), he helped our team tremendously by doing several high rate hours on 15
M on Sunday, then moved to 40 M to continue that pace.  Not sure what band he
got hooked on, but was all smiles as S9SS, 5H3HK called in on 40 and worked HK
on 15 with a massive pileup going - handled it all beautifully!  Who is this new
CW contester you ask?  K1FOO

Am hoping I have another newbie queing up, AB1DR came over to listen but never
operated - too bad - could have been another great story.  More later...

Disappointed we did not break 1000 Q's on 80 and 40 this year.  Mults were down
across the board, reflecting the low part of the cycle for sure.  We did manage
to set a new Q record on 20 M (not really surprised here), this is where eveyone
goes when the high (and low) bands are hurting. Nice surprise EU opening around
08Z where the rate meter jumped for a couple of hours!  With no beverage on 160
and the band being so quiet, we did well! Eastern EU stations were loud and
workable! 80 M was wonderful too with low noise.  Due to the shortage of ops, we
all moved around as required to keep the station making points.

Congrats to all the other MM stations - great scores all around!
See you all in the SSB bash in two weeks - maybe by then we can find some phone
ops!