[3830] ARRLDX CW N5TW(KE5C) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john@ke5c.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N5TW(KE5C) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 07:42:10 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N5TW
Operator(s): KE5C
Station: N5TW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: TEXAS
Operating Time (hrs): 18
Radios: SO2R

  160:   21    17
   80:   40    25
   40:  145    55
   20:   90    38
   15:  151    42
   10:   12     8
-------------------
Total:  459   185  Total Score = 251,970

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I don't know, but I just didn't have the patience to stay with it.  I guess I
have too many distractions, but I also think this isn't the best contest for low
power (at least not for me).  No one seemed to answer my CQ's, and the log
breakdown confirms that with 153 CQ QSO's versus 306 S&P QSO's.  The left radio
was usually the run radio (ha ha) and made 169 QSO's while the right radio,
usually the S&P radio, made 290.  Around 3 AM I got stubborn and just called
dueling CQ's on 40/80 or 40/160, and went 30 minutes without an answer.  I
changed frequencies several times.

Many locals were active, and I heard N3BB, W5KFT, and K5NA several times, but I
heard N5AW the most, often beating me out in mini-pileups.  Several hours into
the contest I thought about programming a function key to send "NO NO N5TW TW TW
TW N5TW" since a number of folks came back to me as N5AW - and he wasn't calling
then because I could always hear when he was.  I've got to look at how many
times each of us were spotted.  Anyway, next year I've got to find a M/S, M/2 or
M/M.  See ya'll in IARU.