[3830] ARRLDX CW K8MR(@W4MYA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K8MR(@W4MYA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:17:12 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: W4MYA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:
   40:   47    20
   20:  157    26
   15:  359    53
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  563    99  Total Score = 167,211

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I spent the weekend visiting my daughter at the University of Richmond.
Fortunately on Saturday I was able to let my wife and daughter have some quality
time together (i.e. shopping) while I headed out to see W4MYA and his station.

Bob was not able to get his usual multiop effort going for this contest, but he
was willing to give me a radio and a good band to make some contest noise while
he played around as a single op.

A first time guest op usually never finds everything as he might like, including
here.  Bob is an Alt-K kind of cw guy, and I need a paddle.  And I still hate
WriteLog, the local software of choice.  There were many times I was feeling
like a real lid, not because I didn't know what to do, but couldn't get the
computer to do what I wanted it to do.  After a few S&P qsos to warm up, my
first CQ was answered by 4K4K, who really got me tied up in knots.  But we
eventually got that qso straightened out, and got qsos flowing so long as I
didn't have to correct my original entry.

Bob's station played FB, and I had a good afternoon of contesting, and had fun
screwing up the QTH listing data bases. Many thanks to W4MYA for having me out
for my week's contesting fun.

73  -  Jim   K8MR