[3830] ARRLDX CW VE6TN SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve6tn@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VE6TN SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:29:05 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE6TN
Operator(s): VE6TN
Station: VE6TN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: AB
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:    0     0
   80:   11     9
   40:   59    31
   20:  347    75
   15:  118    50
   10:   31    19
-------------------
Total:  566   184  Total Score = 303,048

Club: Alberta Clippers

Comments:

Due to family committments I missed out on the good run times to JA.  I never
had a good run the whole contest that would have really pumped up the score.
Low power just couldn't hold the frequency.

My 160m shunt wouldn't load on transmit so needs to be re-built and retuned,
hence no 160m contacts.  Darn, I heard PJ4R, PJ2T the ZF2TJ as well as KH7X and
several KL7's on 160 too!

First time I have ever had another contest station maliciously harass me.
Usually there is the odd dust-up over a frequency, but this time an Italian
station took over my run frequency after I had been there for an hour then
followed me up and down by 1 KHz calling ontop of me as I tried to move to make
room for him.  Apparently he doesn't know how to work the rx filters on his
radio since he needs a full 1 KHz all to himself.  Sadly he wasted my time and
his.  A very poor sportsman and an embarrasment to the high quality of Italian
contestors I've had the priviledge of working over the years.  You know who you
are . . . . SHAME on you!

On a positive note, I had a lot of fun the whole weekend playing radio in
between doing household chores and doing activities with my kids.  Thanks to
everyone that took the time to have a QSO with me.

73'

Barry VE6TN