[3830] NAQP RTTY VA7IRL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY VA7IRL Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 21:55:40 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: VA7IRL
Operator(s): VA7IRL
Station: VA7IRL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Richmond, BC
Operating Time (hrs): 9:10

   80:   46    22
   40:   34    17
   20:   96    37
   15:   25    15
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  201    91  Total Score = 18,291

Club:

Team: VECTOR

Comments:

Well, that was fun!

I began quite slowly - 20 didn't seem like the playground I thought it would be
at first, so I gave it up after half an hour or so and went to 15. Worked some
good mults there for an hour or so, and then went back to 20, which was finally
starting to warm up. Took an hour and 15 minute break for lunch at 2000 UTC.

When I got back, I decided to run on 20 for a bit, as it really seemed to be
opening up nicely. Well, I had a ball - had the rate meter up to 60 for a brief
period, and had a 37 hour at 2200-2300, followed by a 24 hour. Highlights
included being called by a few JAs and by UA0LH and VR2BG. Called by DX! I
thought there was something wrong with my decoder! I also worked 8P2K when the
run dried up and I went looking for some fresh meat. Other than the 8P, I didn't
find any - 0000 was my worst hour with 9.

Just before my dinner break (0100 to 0240), I went to 40, and it was a mess, but
it had brightened up considerably when I got back and I worked some good mults.
It was a bit of a slog, though, and I moved to 80 at around 0315. Well, it stank
even worse, so back to 40 for another while.

80 eventually began behaving itself at around 0400, and I stayed there for the
rest of the contest, except for a brief foray back to 40 around 0530 to make
sure there were no mults for the taking before the contest ended (there were a
couple, including HI). Had my second best hour (25) during the last hour, S&P.
Never really got a good run going on 80 - with (very) low wires, I'm just not
loud enough.

I worked quite a few new states on the East Coast, including both NY and MD on 3
bands. Quite pleased about that.

Finished up with 201 contacts (I really wanted to break the 200 mark as the
contest neared the end!), 91 mults for 18,291.

Thanks for all the contacts - see you in the Sprint!