[3830] CQ160 SSB WA1Z Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa1z@rgraymond.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB WA1Z Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:17:59 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: WA1Z
Operator(s): NE1I, WA1Z
Station: WA1Z

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 28

Total:  QSOs = 810  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 24  Total Score = 165,066

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station:
Icom IC-756PROII, Ameritron AL-811 600 Watts
1/4-wave Inverted L vertical section up ~83 feet
90 radials totaling ~6,500 feet

Another fantastic Father-Son Contesting Weekend in the books!  This one was the
most enjoyable yet!  My Dad, Bob NE1I, and I have a tradition of doing 160 Meter
contests together over the years and we've settled in on this one now for the
past three years.

Since neither of us owned a linear, we've always operated barefoot in the M/S
High Power category.  This year, Dad decided on Thursday night to purchase an
amplifier for his own station and figured we could give it a good shake down
cruise this weekend.

As we should have expected, we equaled our previous best in this contest (89k
points) by Saturday morning.

Great contest weekend consisting of high noise, a new tier of painfully weak
stations calling, steak dinner, Cabernet Sauvignon, too much beer, another HRO
"boondoggle" on Saturday, and Dad posting a 93/hour - which he's never done
before.

Worked all the lower 48, missed VO1, VO2 and the Territories.  Never heard any
Pacific.

73,
Bob WA1Z