[3830] NAQP RTTY - KC2NUBM Multi-2

To: "Contest Score Reporting" <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY - KC2NUBM Multi-2
From: "Rick Mintz" <Rmintz@Rochester.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 18:41:16 -0500
CALL USED___KC2NUB_________ MODE _RTTY_  ARRL SECTION or COUNTRY____NY_______

x    Multi operator, low power

Valid QSOs           multipliers

80                  173                       47

40                  216                       51

20                  131                       36

15                  23                         11

10                  4                           2

TOTAL           547                       147

If multioperator, show calls of all operators, loggers     W1TY (KC2NUB) K2DB
(K2NNY) N2OPW N2VJB

  547   QSOs  *   x       147  DXCC Countries =   80409     Claimed Score

Our first RTTY contest from St. Lawrence County, New York, on Hickory Lake
(K2NNY station). Had three new RTTY ops there getting experience. First use of
new club call KC2NUB, WNY Digital Contest Club. Applied for vanity call W2RTY,
so this will be the only test for KC2NUB. Had some Writelog network issues,
kept disconnecting, so we contiuned without the network. Both Icom 765 and Icom
746pro with MMTTY were bulletproof.

We were OK on 80 & 40 but with a 30 foot high 20-15-10 beam in a valley we we
not surprised be to weak on those bands. This summer have plans to place a
larger tower at the top of the hill gaining 50 feet in elevation. Was exactly 0
degrees F in the cabin when we arrived! Opened the doors to let the 14 degree
air start the warmup. Had a great time and plan to operate more RTTY from this
location in the future. Was nice to work friends, K8FC & N1OKL.

Even threw up a 160 vertical to play in CQWW 160!

Thanks to all that worked Homer, KC2NUB. Lots of wonderful RTTY technique, as
usual.

Rick, W1TY