[3830] ARRLDX SSB KT1V SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt1v@demop.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KT1V SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 16:23:33 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KT1V
Operator(s): KT1V
Station: KT1V

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  131    47
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  131    47  Total Score = 18,471

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Man I love 160 SSB - or do I love 10m at the bottom of the cycle? Or maybe
hitting myself in the head with a very messy pastrami sandwich??

In any case I had very very limited time this weekend. Had to go fetch my 102
year old father (or so he claims) from the hospital, relatives in town from
Europe, and leaving for Asia soon. Plus the kids have barely seen me lately
because I've been out of town.

I started on 160. And I stayed there..

I slept about 3 hours each night. I CQed a lot. Friday night was fun. Saturday
night there was so much QRN I had trouble chatting with the op at LPL!

I worked a few sub 100 watt Europeans. One seemed to disbelieve that I could
actually hear him but he was Q5. First North America is over 30 years on 160 he
said - try CW OM I said :)!

One morning I actually worked someone. I even made a QSO Sunday night. I had an
18 hour too!

My Mults are weak - LPL, XX and LR have significantly more on topband. My Qs are
good and I seem to have about 10 more than the big boys. Perhaps I simply more
stubborn?

Thanks for everyone who stopped by to say hi. It gets lonely sometimes when
you're on an insane mission

73
Ted KT1V