[3830] ARRLDX SSB W2RE SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2re@optonline.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W2RE SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 17:14:51 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W2RE
Operator(s): W2RE
Station: W2RE

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 42
Radios: SO2R

  160:   57    34
   80:  200    66
   40:  240    75
   20: 1034   115
   15:  667   108
   10:  107    40
-------------------
Total: 2305   438  Total Score = 3,028,770

Club: HVCDX

Comments:

This contest had everything. At times excellent conditions, very poor conditions
and terrible qrn. The first 24 hours was very productive and my Q's and Mults
were as good as last year in this time frame.
First 24 Hours 1690/369
Last  24 Hours  615/69

The Qrn was so bad on Saturday night it actually effected any runs on the low
bands. I took off 6 hours due to the bad qrn.

Sunday conditions is the worse I have ever seen during a contest. Never seen 20M
open so late, first qso was at 1201Z.

20M was flat all day, but it was the only game in town and to make things worse
the snow static was horrible.

I guess we need to expect this for the next 4-6 years.

73, Ray W2RE