[3830] ARRLDX SSB N0VD SOSB/10 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N0VD SOSB/10 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 17:55:51 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N0VD
Operator(s): N0VD
Station: N0VD

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH: Colorado
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  115    37
-------------------
Total:  115    37  Total Score = 12,765

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Didn't have the time to do an all out effort so I thought I would see how much
pain I could endure.  Was toying with the idea of 10M QRP since the amp was at
the amp doctors, but didn't think I could take that much pain.  Those that know
me know how much I love QRP.  ;-)  Ultimately, I decided to try 10M LP.  Only
heard one AF, CN2R (and it sounded like some sort of wierd backscatter), not a
single EU and heard only two JAs on some funky crooked path.  Unfortunately
neither of the JAs could hear me.

Highlight was running across ZK2NA on what appeared to be a dead band - we were
a mult for each other.  All QSOs were S&P.  I tried calling CQ several times
without a single contact - that was a bit frustrating.  'Round about 22:30z
Sunday somebody turned the propagation switch off.  I guess the DX Gods were
done for the weekend - and so was I!

CU in the WPXs.
Kelly - N0VD

Now where did I put that Tylenol...