[3830] Commonwealth G0RTN Restricted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, me@gerrylynch.co.uk
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth G0RTN Restricted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 01:38:33 -0800
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: G0RTN
Operator(s): G0RTN
Station: G0RTN

Class: Restricted LP
QTH: Central London
Operating Time (hrs): 21

------------
   80:   16
   40:   44
   20:   44
   15:   39
   10:    7
------------
Total:  150  Total Score = 3,240

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

After a slow start, excellent conditions made for a fun contest despite the
always low BERU QSO rate.  Good openings across VE and into the Far East on 15
and 20 during yesterday afternoon, along with a good Pacific grey line opening
in the evening, followed by an even better grey line opening this morning,
successively on 40, 20 and 15.  My 'umble little dipole has never worked so many
ZLs, with VK9N being an easy all time new one.

10 produced to usual Africans, with a brief opening to the Carribean about 1600Z
netting J88DR), and to Zones 26/29 this morning (9M6BG was 539 here about 0800Z
but couldn't hear me, and I couldn't break the pile-up on a very strong VK6VZ at
the end of the contest.

Nighttime was a mit more of a struggle, with the VE path on 40 going a bit punk
after midnight, before VE7CC suddenly boomed in at sunrise.  The clash with the
Ukrainian internal contest also made 80 a bit of a zoo last night.

Only trouble was that I ran out of stations to work in the end, and with only an
inverted Vee didn't really have enough of a signal to run with, which meant
generally slugging it in in the pile ups on the big guns.  Still, one of the
more interesting contests in the calendar.

73

Gerry G0RTN
http://www.gerrylynch.co.uk